Friday, March 11, 2011

SHE'S DESPERATE FOR SHE SPEAKS!


She Prays... You Hear... Her Heart- in time...
Oh Friendly Judges of the 'She Speaks Scholarship'

     As you can see, my blog is pretty, well, pretty lame... I'll be completely honest.  I just opened the email informing me today that there is a scholarship to be had, that could potentially get me to the 'She Speaks' conference... Unfortunately, I read that you have to post on a blog to win... Well- here is my Blog, with today as its birth date! Made it just for you with this scholarship in mind- but hopefully you can see in its infancy how, 'She's so very Desperate For She Speaks.'  I need guidance- God's given me the heart. Thankful that your scholarship incentive pushed me to start this blog, as I realize it will help my writing endeavors, you are its first guests and I hope it pays off. I pray that after you read a bit, you will understand my heart and not judge this book by its cover- but more so its content :0)

     Thanks to your magazine and your website, I have day dreamed about this conference many a' days! Up until now, I assumed I would not make it there. Recently married, my husband is a full time student, and I continue to run my families Italian food business (it is a blessed challenge to say the least ;0). I am working full time. He is unable to work while in this program, and our budget is quite tight.  Yet, God has graciously blessed us with enough food to feed my husband of one- who eats like ten (his workouts make for quite the appetite), enough time to keep my- starving for attention and borderline annoys him until he gives it to me-crazy twin (me) at bay, and enough love to fill our Mansion of Joy- or apartment for two!

     With a Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management, and a recent Graduate of Liberty University's Mastor of Pastoral Counseling Program, I have a ferocious desire to utilize the heart in me that God is pumping with plasma made up of- a passion to write, a wit to speak, and a deep love for women, the brevity of time, and the focus of eternity. God has done an AMAZING work...

   With practically under two hours left to apply for this blessing, I have little time for fancy wording, elaborate design, and explicit detail... I am not kidding, I am writing this now and I fully understand that it will only be by the Beautiful Will of my Father that it even makes it to the nostrils, let alone the eyeballs, of the judges... But He brought me to it, so I write. (one day I want to speak too!)

Some Brief TidBits: (I am lying, I am not brief ever, even when I think I am, this is why I need a lil help from my friends- u!):

     I have been an avid Proverbs 31 Ministries fan for quite sometime.  Within the last few months I have read your magazines at lightening speed, with a yearning heart to one day be one of its articles authors... I have downloaded your ministries principles and carry them in my purse as an inspiration for the one day that I will... Well, the one day that I will write a book, speak at a conference, teach a cooking class, write a cook book, sing with my husband, teach a workout class- Follow through on what Christ has called me to do.

    The She Speaks Conference will help me understand how to fine tune (and tone down):
My ministry ideas (I have many), Network with Sisters who share these passions,
 learn how to write with focus, speak with precision, and above all else, how to accurately-
REFLECT HIS GLORY & SPREAD HIS STORY...
At a young age, the Lord put a desire in my heart. Crazy to only me, but I knew when I was five years old and asking "Jeshush in my heart during our traditional Spaghetti Sunday," (we are Italian and I still have a lisp) that He would do great things...and with my life at that. I will say- similar to the prodigal, I ran the wrong way for a long time...Thankfully, I could never escape the plan He already had for my life... Please help me learn, utilize, and develop the gifts God has so graciously, and I mean that, so very graciously has put on my heart. If I can share/put in your hands and hearts, what He has put in mine, you would never give it back to me... He is that good...

(I finally learned how to add these links & buttons-please help!  Also, I have posted a couple articles that I have written for a Local Paper here that has given me a column. It is a secular paper, yet God is using it to spread the Gospel- a fantastic blessing indeed!)

For God's Peace Perspective & Purpose Visit Here

4 comments:

  1. Hi Josie,

    Your entry most definitely grabbed my attention & it got me hungry for some authentic Italian food, too! May the Lord find favor upon you and provide for all of your needs.

    Best Wishes,
    Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thank you Dana!
    Much appreciated the encouragement, as I have never had a blog before... I was so excited to see I had a comment!!! I will also pray that the Lord will provide all you need as well- both in getting to the conference, and finding some reeeeeeallllly good Italian foor (it is the best)!!! :0) Many Blessings to You...

    In His Grip,

    Josie Ps. 34:3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute! What a fun post to read, I hope you get picked!
    I am just jumping around the posts from the contest.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog, Girl. I will be following along and praying. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete