Monday, March 21, 2011

My Home, My Family- Japan

Aren't we all connected? Humanity that is. Although different in ethnicity, culture, belief, and gender, there is one thing we all have in common- Emotion! Did we not all feel joy when the minors were rescued in Chile? I felt like my long lost brothers had been found! Were we not all relieved when they found vaccinations for polio, meningitis, and now influenza? Did we not all sit in terror as we watched the towers fall that awful day? SO- are we not all feeling the desperation, fear, and uneasiness for the situation going on in Japan? My heart is so heavy for my family there. I call them my family because the reality is- what is effecting them is and will effect us all. This is a wake up call of great proportion... In an instant, lives were taken, changed, and forever altered by two simultaneous natural disasters. An earthquake that's magnitude was the worse Japan has seen in hundreds of years, and a tsunami that has caused a death toll far into the thousands... We ALL will feel this one.


Connected by heart felt emotion, it is my home also that has suffered this devastation- my family, whose lives have been turned upside down- why? Emotion- a genuine heart felt concern for the hearts of my fellow brothers and sisters- no matter where they live. God's Word tells us that His greatest commandments are to 1. Love Him with all our heart, soul, and mind. 2. To love our neighbor as ourselves... Japan is my neighbor. I pray that this will help us all open our lives to the brevity of time. Looking at the overall portrait- we see a painting of life that is lived by a second to second basis. None of us are secured in the arms of a tomorrow... With understanding that today is a privilege, I ask- Did anyone tell those people that were instantly without life in Japan, about the saving grace of Jesus Christ? Would you be more inclined to share His love today if you knew tomorrow was not going to be there? Minutes Matter in this life, I pray that I stay aware of the urgency He is showing us by the events taking place. These are the signs He told us to look for- are we paying attention? Find someone today to tell about the joy you have in Jesus! Praying I will have an opportunity!

Looking for ways to help other than prayer? Check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment