Monday, March 14, 2011

Heavy Heart

The Lord woke me last night... I had stayed up pretty late- First, because I wanted to make sure my nails were dry and second, I suppose I had a bit of anxiety concerning the writing scholarship that I am praying about... With my mind all wrapped up in a cozy comforter of cotton fluffy me-ness, something hit me hard. Very quickly, my cozy comforter began to offer me no comfort at all... In fact I was frozen. Paralyzed in thought, the Lord spoke something so true, perhaps even simple to some, but to me I knew that He had a lesson for me to learn- instantly at that...


He said, "Oh Josie, you question so many things so unnecessarily... As you sit in your bed, eyes wide open, half way around the world an entire nation is awake in devastation. How easy you question whether or not you will be useful in your church, family, and friendships. How simply you think on your concerns for that scholarship, your Bible study, and sadly... the color of your fingernail polish. Awaken my child... the need is great. As your laying in silly thought, the people in Japan right now are laying in fear, fear for- their lives as famine is setting in, shelter is scarce, threats of nuclear explosion loom, and the inability to contact their loved ones is overwhelming their hearts...Please realize, I have placed you in a warm apartment- filled with food, love, and comfort. You do not worry about your next meal, contaminated water, nuclear threats, radiation effects, lost family members, and overall feelings of hopelessness. Pray for these people. Pray they will finally turn to me in their great need right now. And please, realize the times we are living in... Realize with what comfort I have chosen for you to serve Me... You do not worry for your life- You have never known the despair of your entire world around you crumbling. Since I am allowing you to see it from afar- Realize and render yourself useful to the greater needs... People need to know me. They need to know I am coming soon... I love you, but you needn't be so simple, I have given you an advantage and shown you so much from the comfort of your apartment... Surrender your thoughts and time to things that are most important... Minutes Matter---- and lives are counting on it!
Sad for Japan and Praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment