Friday, March 11, 2011

My Heart For Women

GO SEEK
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13


      Do you remember the game hide-and- go- seek? One person is ‘it’ and the rest flee to some fantastically hidden place they’re certain will keep them invisible and perfectly out of sight! After so much time, and much anticipation, all the ‘hidees’ try to sneak themselves out of that undetectable place, and dash frantically to the base of safety only to yell, “olly olly oxen free!” I always wondered what that meant anyway-- ‘olly olly oxen free…?’ Well, according to the online site Wikipedia, ‘Olly olly oxen free,’ is a catchphrase used in children's games to indicate that players who are hiding, can come out into the open without losing the game. It’s a means of freedom- from the chance of losing. It is thought to derive from the phrase "All ye, all ye 'outs' in free;" or: all who are "out" may come in without penalty. 
    I started thinking… Wow! If it could only be that simple in life. See even as grown women, we still play hide-and-go-seek. We hide. We hide pain. We hide fear. We hide hurt. We think we hide pride. The truth is- we women all try to hide something. Me? Well, I used to live to please people. Needless to say, this can be exhausting. Sadly, when I felt that I did not meet their standard, I hid…I hid damaged self esteem, thoughts of uselessness, and a huge deflated, negative view of myself- and my worth. See, if I hid these things, then no one would know what it was I was truly seeking… Fortunately for me, and for you, we too have an ‘olly olly oxen free’- base of safety we can run to- and its one we don’t ever have to leave. One who is able to offer us freedom from what it is that we hide. I only know this because I know what it took for me to come out of hiding, and stay out. I noticed in the definition it said, “All who are "out" may come in without penalty.” Jesus offers us who hide, freedom, without penalty. He knew what I was seeking- He knows the same for you and offers solution. Join me monthly, to discuss how the many challenges women face in life can be eased with love, conversation, friendship, and most importantly faith- Let’s be real for a moment, we are a little crazy, us women- I know I’m not the only one! We prefer to pick on each other and point out the others flaws-in hopes of ‘hiding’ our own… It shouldn’t be this way. I pray that we can honestly come together and share the ‘crazy’ that’s common amongst us! What questions do you have? What help do you need? Let’s come out of hiding…


And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek Him. Hebrews 11:6

No comments:

Post a Comment