Sunday, April 3, 2011

6 Word Mania, I Tell Ya!

Once again I am feverishly pursuing the scholarships graciously available through
Cecil Murphy and the She Speaks Team for the She Speaks Conference.
This scholarship is through the She Reads ministry and it really is an amusing one.
Here are the requirements:

In 6 words tell your story… That’s right, the WHOLE ‘she’bang!
From start to finish, just six words to bedazzle em’!

Ernest Hemingway did:
Baby Shoes. For Sale. Never Worn.

Therefore, I can too. So can you! If you’re interested at throwing your hat in the mix, and attending an amazingly God centered Spirit lead women’s conference, check this out!

To the hard part…
Deciding on my overall ‘she’bang, however, was not easy.

                     My story is less than typical.
                                              More than redemptive.
                                    And everything necessary in between.

ALL FOR HIS GLORY!

A Few For Fun!

FAIRYTALE ASPIRATIONS. DUNGEON. HAPPILY EVER AFTER...
CINDERELLA DREAMS. CINDERELLA’S HANDMAIDEN. HIS CINDERELLA…
= Reflections of my formative years.

VACANT. PARTIALLY AVAILABLE. NOW OCCUPIED…
= Reflections of my heart.

WASN'T SURE. WAS ASSURED. NOW INSURED…
= Reflections of my growth.

HELP! SEEKING CARPENTER. NEEDING PLANKS REMOVED…
= Reflections of my attitude.

Settled,
 after five billion hours of these little six word rockets blasting away in my brain,
on this one.

DELICATE CRYSTAL. SHATTERED PORCELAIN! CLAY POT…
= REFLECTIONS OF HIS PLAN.


I lived my life my way.  Pursuing the American dream, one heartache at a time...

1st- A Delicate Crystal.
Saved at 5 yrs. old
Fairytale Princess
Enamored Over Love Stories

2nd- Shattered Porcelain!
Lost...
Testimony, to popularity.
Money, to night life.
Dignity, by choice.
Hope, after 11 year break-up.

Isaiah 64: 8 NIV
Yet, O LORD, You are our (my) Father. We  are (I) the clay, You are the Potter;
we are all  (I) the work of Your hand.

3rd- Clay Pot
Humbly Surrendered to His Sovereign Molding...
My pursuit of the American Dream was a painful and expensive one.
I cry when I think about life as the delicate crystal.
I cry because my Loving Father knew well my heart then.
He helped my find my way back to those original desires.
He gave me a love story far beyond
ANYTHING my imaginative mind could have created.
My husband, a prince, loves Jesus and He loves me.
I love Jesus and am now content being His clay pot.
May I always ponder the cracks that keep me bowed.

Loved this idea, again thank your for forcing growth! 
Prayers and Peace to you as you make your decision!

2 comments:

  1. Hello :) I just wanted to thank you for congratulating me on the She Reads blog. So sweet of you.

    You have some AWESOME 6 words stories here! You are good at this!

    I hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks again for the 'congrats'!

    Blessings,
    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie this is April just wanted to stop by and say hello and have a wonderful thanksgiving God bless you

    ReplyDelete